PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, January 17, 2011

(PINK) Public Service Announcement

Martin Luther King, Jr. day is officially observed on January 17th.  Some folks see it as the most-awaited first holiday break of the year and some see it as a time to reflect and rejoice.  I choose the latter. 
Dr. King’s life is a movement and it didn’t end in 1968.  I was a part of it in 2008, when President Obama became the 44th President of the United States.  I can experience it 24-hours a day on a cable network called OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) and I’m encouraged by it when I think of people like Bill Gates, Marian Edelman and Hydeia Broadbent.

My favorite quote by Dr. King is actually a question:

"Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others?"
My answer: Not enough.  What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment