PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tie Tuesday (Wen Jones - Ex-Marine Stood Up For Bullied Teen)

Disclaimer:  If you know ANYTHING about me, you know how much I hate bullies.  HATE.  I know hate is a strong word, but in this case it's true.  I loathe bullies.  

A few months ago, Wen Jones, a 43-year-old former Marine from Jupiter, Florida saw three men (in their 20's) picking on a 14-year-old at their local beach.  

According to witnesses, the men had been bullying kids on the beach all day.  One of those kids was a 14-year-old named Zion Wright.  The men kicked him repeatedly and called him racial slurs.  Zion is black.  

When they saw Zion and his father near the restrooms, the men started up again.  Wen heard them and stepped in.  He told them to calm down.  The men (cowards) proceeded to beat Wen until he was unconscious.  Video was taken by witnesses showed Wen falling to the ground during the attack.  The men fled the scene when they heard police had been called.  Last week, the local police department identified and arrested all three men: Tyler Carswell, Cody Roon and Eric Deiter.   
Wen Jones shows physical damages sustained during the attack.
The beat down left Wen needing surgery to fix a fracture under his eye, as well as stitches all over his face including his tear duct.  His response to the incident:

"I'm not happy to have been injured pretty severely, but at the same time, I ask myself, would I do it again?  You know, it was the right thing to do, so I probably would." 


True definition of a good samaritan.


Cody Roon, Eric Deiter, Tyler Carswell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment