PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Boston...Tragedy, Lessons

It's been a tough week for the country...  

I stopped trying to understand the evil in this world a long, long time ago.  You can literally go crazy trying to understand why people hurt children.  Why?  Why do innocent people have to die by such senseless, horrible acts?  Why do bad things happen to good people?  Despite what experts say, no one really knows.    

I tell myself that everything happens for a reason and I wholeheartedly believe that.  I do.  But what happened in Boston this week makes me question my own beliefs.  And I'd be lying if I said these kinds of incidents don't impact my sensibilities.  They do. 

What happened in Boston (and Newtown) makes me a little more distrustful, paranoid and frightened.  BUT, these tragedies also make me more compassionate, kind and loving.  When I heard about Boston, the first thing I did was call my mom to say "I love you." 

These sad moments make me appreciate the here and now more than ever.  I'm a Virgo, so it was hard getting to a place of "now."  Virgos plan relentlessly for the future, leaving no stones unturned along the way.  We rarely take time to smell the roses.  It's an extremely exhausting way to live.  Correction: It WAS an exhausting way to live.  Now?  I smell flowers daily, hourly if possible. 

My heart goes out to the victims and families of these tragedies. I hope they'll find some sense of peace.  Sooner or later, rather than never.

If what happened in Boston teaches us anything, it's that we should live and live well.  It's such a cliche, but tomorrow isn't promised to any of us.  
We all have a standing appointment to transition to the afterlife.  No one knows their expiration date.  So until then...try to be happy, be grateful for love & loved ones and never, ever take a moment of this life for granted.  xoxo :) 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment