PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 4, 2013

Chef Marcus Samuelsson Says....

I had the pleasure of meeting Marcus Samuelsson recently in Atlanta.  He's a part of the Macy's Culinary Council and they brought him to town - to their Lenox location to give some hands-on cooking techniques, share more about his personal story (An amazing story!) and meet some of his fans.  

Yeah, he's a chef, but he's also an author, a philanthropist, owner of six restaurants and....get this: Vanity Fair magazine named him as one of their "Internationally Best Dressed" men in 2011.  How dope is that?!  
I admit, I'm a fan and I love good food, so this was right up my alley.  I learned a lot too.  Here are some of Marcus' most memorable quotes: 

                "Food is healing.  Ginger, garlic make you feel better and...they prevent illness." 

                "Learn to connect to your family through cooking...create history, memories." 

                "Burning yourself is all a part of becoming a chef!" 

Did You Know?  Marcus planned and executed the Obama Administration's first State dinner. Wanna know what President Obama's favorite food is?  Click here to see what Marcus says.        
Me, Marcus and my friend Tee

 

No comments:

Post a Comment