I hate to hear about a suicide death. It's even more disturbing when it's someone you know...or someone you feel like you've known forever.
Don Cornelius needs no introduction. The fact that he started Soul Train with $400 and turned it into the most iconic TV and music dance show of our time is....beyond amazing. I learned some valuable life lessons from this man:
- Don't just be a businessman, be a business man. (See the difference?)
- When you follow your passion, everything will fall into place.
- Always, and I mean always look your absolute best. #swag
- Dancing, good music....makes everything better.
- Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. (Love, Peace & Soul)
- Don't be afraid to fight for something you believe in...especially if you're right. (Dick Clark's 'Soul Unlimited'. Look it up.)
- Stay committed to your decisions, but flexible in your approach. (Diversify)
- Be gracious to others and the universe will be gracious to you.
- Leave a legacy.
- Dream big. Really big.