A lot of women believe that being pretty and passive is enough to get you what you want. Not Marilyn (She & I are on a first name basis.) :-) She was Hollywood's ulitimate sex symbol, goddess, icon, misunderstood diva, comic, genius and < insert whatever you choose to call her here >. But, listen. *peers over sunglasses* There was so much more to her than that.
Did you know that......
- She wasn't a dumb blonde. She was a very savvy business woman.
- Her favorite colors were beige, black, white and red.
- She owned her own production company, Marilyn Monroe Productions.
- She washed her face 15 times a day, due to a fear of blemishes.
- She wrote poetry, but would never show it to anyone. (Yes, poetry)
- She wore a dress size of 14. (I almost fainted when I heard about this!)
- One of her favorite novels was the notoriously complicated Ulysses by James Joyce. (She read it aloud to herself because she loved the sound of it.)
- Her first studio name was *drum roll*….Carole Lind. (Blah. I like Marilyn way better.)
- Her favorite singers were Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra.
- She had a pet horse named….Ebony. (Awwww….sweet!)
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times, hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe