PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Up Close & Personal With Amber Bullock

Meet Amber Bullock.  She's beautiful, talented and she captured the hearts of millions as the 2011 Season 4 winner of BET's hit show Sunday Best.  Amber's debut CD, entitled Thank You was released in late 2011 on Mathew Knowles' Music World Gospel label and entered at #1 on Billboard's Top Gospel Albums chart.

Her signature jazz-infused, neo-soul style is in full effect on her sophomore project, So In Love, a collection of feel-good inspirational music released in July 2012.  A St. Louis native,  Amber partnered with producer PJ Morton on So In Love and describes their union as a "match made in heaven."         


THINKPink caught up with Amber during a recent visit to Atlanta.  She was in town to tape a live recording (she killed it by the way).  Check out the interview to find out more about Amber and her "feel good" music:

Your voice is amazing!  When did you know you had a gift, that your voice was special?  Thank You!  I've been singing all of my life. I don't ever remember my voice being special really, because I grew up around so many people with special gifts. I just blended in with them. 

A lot of people may look at you and think, Amber is very beautiful, she has a great voice, she's so talented, why doesn't she sing secular music? What would you say to those people?  I come from the church.  I'm a church girl.  I'm only singing what I know to sing.  I believe that gospel music is a genre worth fighting for.  I'm blessed to join the fight to keep gospel music alive. But, gospel music shouldn't be in a box.  Gospel means good news, it doesn't mean "churchy."  I'm not trying to give churchy music.  I'm trying to give good news music.      
      
What do you want the world to hear when they listen to your music?  My new CD, So In  Love features different kinds of music.  It features go-go, hip-hop, reggae, jazz, country and pop.  When people listen to it, I want them to feel like they've been on a perfect date.  I want people to feel good.  I want to bring back 'feel good' music.  Gospel music means good news, so I want to produce good news music that makes people feel good.   

Who are your biggest musical influences? I love PJ Morton. I also love Kirk Franklin, Brandy, Kiki Sheard and J. Moss. 

I believe in speaking things into existence.  So, when you win your first Grammy Award, who will you thank first?  God.  My parents, my daughter and her father. 


Follow Amber:
Twitter:
@SingAmber
Facebook: 
http://www.facebook.com/singamber
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/singamber/








No comments:

Post a Comment