PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tie Tuesday (Dennis Kimetto, Chicago Marathon Winner)

Last year in November, I ran my first half marathon.  It was one of the most challenging and rewarding accomplishments of my life!  I was soooo proud of myself - 13.1. miles!  I plan on running a full marathon.  One day.  I'm not quite ready yet, but yeah.  

Anyway....the Chicago Marathon was held on Sunday, October 13th.  The winner, Dennis Kimetto of Kenya, finished the race in 2 hours, 3 minutes and 45 seconds.  Whew!  He beat the previous record set by Ethiopia's Tsegaye Kebede last year (2 hours, 4 minutes and 45 seconds).

The Chicago Marathon was Dennis' second major victory this year.  He won a race in Tokyo in February.  And to think, just a few years ago Dennis was a farmer, tending to cattle in a west Kenyan town.  Pretty dope, right? 

Dennis Kimetto






No comments:

Post a Comment