PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, December 29, 2011

True Love Still Exists (Chris & Keasha Draft)

Anyone who knows me knows, I never cry.  Hardly EVER.  But something happened a few days ago....  

When I heard about Chris and Keasha Draft, my heart literally skipped.  I got a gulp in my throat.  My eyes blinked excessively and I got a little misty.  But, I didn't cry...    

True Story: Chris, a former NFL linebacker married his longtime girlfriend Keasha in Atlanta on November 27th.  Keasha had cancer and was so weak that she needed a wheelchair to come down the aisle on their wedding day.

Exactly one month after their intimate union, their fairytale came to an end.  Keasha lost her battle with cancer and passed away.  Wow, I thought to myself...what an amazing, beautiful love story.  I didn't cry though... 

Fast forward to Chris and Keasha's wedding video. Words really can't express how I felt when I watched it.  My heart won't let me watch it again.  I can't help it.  I love love.  And I love what this couple represents.  It's painfully bittersweet.  But, all of us should be so lucky to experience this kind of love in our lifetime.... 

Click here to look at footage from Chris & Keasha's wedding.  So genuine and sweet.  And yes, I cried.  Like a baby....     
 
Chris and Keasha Draft

1 comment:

  1. Great post, and an even greater story that combines all 4 of the Greek philosophical depictions of "love". Draft is admirable in that he chose this to take place, fully aware that the time with his bride would be very short.

    ReplyDelete