PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Awkward Conversation Of The Week....(When Texting Goes Wrong)

OK--so.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a great texter.  Even worse when it comes to talking on the phone.  The problem with both forms of communication is most people lack the spirit of brevity.  I like for people to get to the point and get there quickly.  So, miss me with the 8 minute voicemails, the 5 page emails and this:   

40 Year-Old Male Friend:  Can I ask you a question?

******* 40 minutes goes by 'cuz I'm not a reliable texter *********
 
Me:  What's up?  

40 Year-Old Male Friend:  Are you mad at me?

******* 50 minutes goes by 'cuz I'm not a reliable texter *********

Me: Huh?  What do you mean?

40 Year-Old Male Friend: 
Well, I sent you a few text messages the other day and you never responded.  Then I called and left you a message yesterday, and you didn't call back.  Have I done something to offend you or something?  Are you mad at me?  Because if I've done something, please let me know.  Or if you just want me to leave you alone, just let me know and I won't bother you.  I'm just trying to figure out if I made you mad or something. So, are you mad at me?


Me: *Blank Stare*   *Sigh*


So yeah, at that point, I just went ahead and stop responding altogether.   



1 comment: