I attended the BronzeLens Film Festival for the first time recently in Atlanta. 'Tis was great! I met some awesome people, learned lots of stuff and was totally inspired by some amazing films. Here's a snapshot of my take-aways:
- Be nice. (Stephanie Allain, Roger Bobb and Reuben Cannon stressed this.)
- Know the who, what and why of your project. (The 'pitch')
- Submit your films to International Film Festivals.
- Allot 30% (roughly) of your film budget for marketing.
- Work with people who see the world the same way you do. -Pearl Cleage
- Know and understand copyright laws and distribution tactics.
- Learn how to work around issues that get in your way.
- Develop your audience. Develop your content. Sell it to a network.
- Identify your passion and be an expert in that.
- Hope is not a strategy.
|Me and Pearl Cleage|